UL GENIE I
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
UL GENIE I

ULFG I - WE MOVED TO WWW.GENIE-CAFE.NET

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

ADSL in Lebanon

Go down 
+6
charbel
ABOUTAYMOUR
hani
Mohamad KASSAB
bassam-eter
chadinaghi
10 posters

Do you think ADSL in Lebanon will be:
Reliable
ADSL in Lebanon Vote_lcap6%ADSL in Lebanon Vote_rcap
 6% [ 1 ]
Cost-efficant
 6% [ 1 ]
Ultim expensive as Mobile Network
ADSL in Lebanon Vote_lcap17%ADSL in Lebanon Vote_rcap
 17% [ 3 ]
Tojlitta
ADSL in Lebanon Vote_lcap11%ADSL in Lebanon Vote_rcap
 11% [ 2 ]
 11% [ 2 ]
 17% [ 3 ]
 6% [ 1 ]
 11% [ 2 ]
ADSL in Lebanon Vote_lcap0%ADSL in Lebanon Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Not our lifetime
 17% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 18

AuthorMessage
chadinaghi

chadinaghi

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2007-03-18

ADSL in Lebanon Empty
PostSubject: ADSL in Lebanon   ADSL in Lebanon Icon_minitimeWed Mar 21, 2007 11:08 pm

Does any one know or have any information when ADSL will be released in Lebanon?

Many humors in social saloons.

All I know, is that Users will be limited, and still the announcement date and other informtion are kind of sercret.

I also heard infrastructuire is ready.

Anyone has an idea of the fees?
Back to top Go down
http://www.lasalinas.com/chadi
bassam-eter

bassam-eter

Number of posts : 78
Registration date : 2007-03-16

ADSL in Lebanon Empty
PostSubject: Re: ADSL in Lebanon   ADSL in Lebanon Icon_minitimeWed Mar 21, 2007 11:13 pm

I heard talking about March 2007, and 35000LL/month.
Back to top Go down
http://www.itechkey.com
Mohamad KASSAB

Mohamad KASSAB

Number of posts : 54

ADSL in Lebanon Empty
PostSubject: Re: ADSL in Lebanon   ADSL in Lebanon Icon_minitimeWed Mar 21, 2007 11:14 pm

Aymata bimchi bi lebnen ana b2ilak .... BI SABAH EL ALF EL RABE3.
chta2nelak ya zalameh!!! khabarni wassim ne3meh (kinna sawa bel kuwait) inak bi chi balad STAN so good luck
Back to top Go down
http://kassab2.tripod.com
bassam-eter

bassam-eter

Number of posts : 78

ADSL in Lebanon Empty
PostSubject: Re: ADSL in Lebanon   ADSL in Lebanon Icon_minitimeWed Mar 21, 2007 11:16 pm

Others questions:
Will this operate with an RJ connector or what?
Will they provide us with the Ips and will be able to distribute at home via a router?
Back to top Go down
http://www.itechkey.com
chadinaghi

chadinaghi

Number of posts : 6

ADSL in Lebanon Empty
PostSubject: Re: ADSL in Lebanon   ADSL in Lebanon Icon_minitimeWed Mar 21, 2007 11:29 pm

Well, Kassab, shta2na klamen hon. Yes i was in Kyrgyzstan, but now that I'm done of there, I'm back to Leb.

Dr. bassam, as far as I know, where i used to have ADSL, the provider distributes a modem to each client. where he plugs the phone line, the usual one, as long as it passes the test (Frequency and Resistance test i think) from "central" all the way to your home through all relays.
This modem has an RJ ethernet plug, that you plug it into your PC. A Technician, comes configure your ethernet and the modem.

I'm not sure you can use a router or switch, but definetly you can share your connection through another ethernet port with another PC or or many. If You have a laptop then through your wireless.

When you turn on your modem, you will be directly connected to ISP. The tarif was based on the amount of download and Upload.
IF i remember well, for 45$/month, i had 2GB down, 8GB Up local network (Internal i.e. www.domain.com.lb) and 1GB down, 4GB Up (External i.e www.domain.com) for every GB above your limit, you will have to pay 50$/GB proportionnaly.

You could buy extra fix IP for 4$ each (max 4), and a VOIP service for shi 18$

It was very reliable.
Back to top Go down
http://www.lasalinas.com/chadi
hani

hani

Number of posts : 30

ADSL in Lebanon Empty
PostSubject: Re: ADSL in Lebanon   ADSL in Lebanon Icon_minitimeWed Mar 21, 2007 11:43 pm

about the dsl technology, it's easy to understand: data is passed on the same phone line, using a higher frequency band.
it needs a modem at home and one in the central as chady said.
modems are usually modem/router/switch at the same time,it has about four ports.
it is not necessary to have a real IP, as the provider may use a private IP (ie a 10.x.x.x for example). but you may request one or many real IPs, and perform NAT or PAT on the modem/router.
Back to top Go down
ABOUTAYMOUR

ABOUTAYMOUR

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2007-03-19

ADSL in Lebanon Empty
PostSubject: Re: ADSL in Lebanon   ADSL in Lebanon Icon_minitimeThu Mar 22, 2007 12:10 am

ken ra7 yemchi al machrou3 haydik al seni bass bi sabab 7areb tamouz it2ajal al mavhrou3 klou sawa

IDM ken lezem tnazel al dsl b lebnen bi itfek sar bayna w ben ministre mrwan 7medeh

"
As not all pricing elements are yet available (we are still waiting for the monthly price and the one time hook up fee, from the ministry of telecom to connect the users using their existing phone lines), the cost of the service for residential users will be around 50 U.S Dollars for 512 kbps per month. This fee includes the cost of the Internet service plus the flat monthly telephone charges for the DSL. There will also be an initial set up fee of around 100 U.S Dollars to connect your phone line to the DSL service.
The service to non residential users will be offered at a different price taking into account heavier usage of the bandwidth and higher availability factors.
Other plans and bundles will be announced at a later stage. Keep following the news !
"

http://www.idm.net.lb/products/dsl/index.asp
Back to top Go down
http://www.des4hosting.com
charbel

charbel

Number of posts : 36

ADSL in Lebanon Empty
PostSubject: Re: ADSL in Lebanon   ADSL in Lebanon Icon_minitimeThu Mar 22, 2007 2:40 am

one thing to note, in Europe usually the adsl is available in big cities ... in rural areas it's usually not available. I think there is an upgrade needed for the infrastructure. I'd expect it to work in Beirut than in other cities at a later stage, the rather remote areas will have to wait longer...
Back to top Go down
georges.rehbane

georges.rehbane

Number of posts : 4

ADSL in Lebanon Empty
PostSubject: Re: ADSL in Lebanon   ADSL in Lebanon Icon_minitimeThu Mar 22, 2007 1:30 pm

if you're talking about European-ADSL, i think it's better to fly to Europe and try it...if you're talking about the Lebanese-Very-Expensive-Bad-Quality-ADSL...then it will be like our special-lebanese-mobile-network compare to european-3G-mobile-network Laughing .
Back to top Go down
Karim Naghi

Karim Naghi

Number of posts : 10

ADSL in Lebanon Empty
PostSubject: Re: ADSL in Lebanon   ADSL in Lebanon Icon_minitimeThu Mar 22, 2007 5:14 pm

I heard from a man who works at a telephone company that the infrastructure is ready as you said. he also mentioned that it will be ready to use in 2 months and available for everybody and not just a limited number of users. By the way, not every "central" in Lebanon will have this service, but as for the 2 located in tripoli (Tall and El-Mina) they do have it, so no need to worry for all of you who live here in the north.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/thevirtuals
Yana

Yana

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2007-03-19

ADSL in Lebanon Empty
PostSubject: Re: ADSL in Lebanon   ADSL in Lebanon Icon_minitimeThu Mar 22, 2007 5:17 pm

maken ra7 yemshi el machrou3 last year........we're still till now workin on z marakez....it was launched last year....and still working on....
for z fees, nothin is sure of all that, cuz z minister hasn't set up a mind yet
As u said george, if politics still manipulate technology ra7 ndall ekklinnnn.....a!!! We've finished(as lebanese) working on z 3G technology(Cellis has z study all done since 1998, and it was prohibited for political reason.........now there's 3G in syria!!!)

there'll b 6 company that manage the ADSL thing( b/w Ogero and users...as distributors ye3ni) but those distributors still haven't finished their equipements to send us this service.
There's no update of the old infrastructure, charbel...that's its scalability...bass the prob is that till now only 35 central are being prepared out of 200 ta2riban(tripoli and mina are included)...
The modems are already configured...u buy it plug it into ur RJ connector through the wall.
But man there's stilll loooots of work to have an aDSL service set.
I dont think nothing can b done b4 the privatisation of all sectors(cuz w public sector, there's no management at all, and professionalism....)
Back to top Go down
elias.nasr

elias.nasr

Number of posts : 3

ADSL in Lebanon Empty
PostSubject: Re: ADSL in Lebanon   ADSL in Lebanon Icon_minitimeSun Apr 15, 2007 7:11 pm

shou tele3 ma3koun?
aymata ha yemshi??????
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

ADSL in Lebanon Empty
PostSubject: Re: ADSL in Lebanon   ADSL in Lebanon Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

ADSL in Lebanon
Page 1 of 1